I’ve been getting lots of amazing quotes to create into something beautiful. Thank you so much and keep them coming!! They inspire me everyday ❤ The picture above has the quote: “Sometimes the bravest and most important thing you can do is just show up.” This was the first quote I was sent and I absolutely love it. Even more I love how it helps her because it now helps me in that way if not more.
Her explaination as to why it helps her: “This quote helps me get through my hardest of days. It reminds me that sometimes just showing up is a big step, and you should recognize that instead of getting down on yourself that you can’t do more. It helps me not expect too much, and reminds me just to be present and in the moment.”
I love this so much. I would always beat myself up for my darkest days that it would end up making it all worse. When you know that you are having a tough day awknowledge it and know that it won’t be that way forever. If all you can do today is show up. That is okay. If all you can do today is breathe that is okay too. You shouldn’t have to feel quilty or shame if you are having a bad day. Those are bound to happen. Approach those different. Know it won’t be there forever and that tomorrow will be better.
Being brave takes a lot of courage. It doesn’t happen overnight and it doesn’t have to. You can be brave by just getting out of bed. That is okay. When you allow yourself to be brave so many things can fall into place. Things can change that you didn’t expect. I love this quote because I try to take it further. That sometimes the bravest thing you can do is just show up. But sometimes when you show up, wonderful amazing things happen. You surpruse yourself and find out things about yourself you didn’t know were there. Don’t ever be afraid of being brave and the possibility of what could happen today. You create your life and your world.. be brave today ❤
PS: I have some new postings in the shop!! I’ve been working really hard on this and have so many paintings that will be added within the coming days!! I will be making a post more about loveyoursCA and what is to come!! If you have any questions about it please message me and I will clarify and write more about it in my next post.. Thank you for the support! ❤ https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/LoveYoursCA?ref=search_shop_redirect
Lately I’ve been having out of body experiences.. I use to have these feelings, but it was always negative.. Now as days go by I find that I’m surprising myself. I am doing more and enjoying it without the worry or stress. A couple weeks ago I went to a ‘stay and play’ at a local rec centre with my daughter. It’s been something I’ve been wanting to do for months but I couldn’t find the courage or the resources. The first time I went I felt excited and eager, but one familiar feeling was missing… my anxiety. I found it weird that it wasn’t there and I ended up trying to search for it. On the walk there, when I had to socialize, etc etc but it never came. Looking back I wanted a reason as to why I wasn’t feeling anxious. I realized that the want to do something for my daughter was greater than my anxiety. It overpowered it. The happiness and excitement my daughter felt… the fearlessness she had meeting a group of strangers… the laughter and joy she gave to others really made all the difference. I didn’t need to feel anxious.
There are still those days that I feel anxious, but I don’t let it control me anymore. I approach the feeling of anxiety differently. I awknowledge it’s there, feel it, and move on. It’s easier said than done and it doesn’t always turn out that way but i’ve found that it’s easier to deal with my anxiety when I treat it like any other emotion. I don’t give it the power it use to have over me.. It’s SO important to know that you’re worthy of all the possibilities today has to offer. Your anxiety doesn’t have to make you feel stuck or isolated. There are so many things that you are capable and worthy of ❤ know and embrace that.
I’ve become so thankful for the friendships I do have. People get to choose who they want in their lives and the fact that some choose me warms my heart. I realized that I really need connections and people who care in my life. I’m not the most social person and making friends has never been easy… I always use to isolate myself and honestly try to avoid people. My mind would race of what people would think of me that I couldn’t even enjoy a simple conversation. It’s so important to know that when people reach out and are there for you… They want to be… be that for them too ❤
A few years ago I started a blog dedicated to Taylor Swift. I didn’t really think much of it and wasn’t really going to even reveal my identity on there – until I realized that it was a safe place to do so. There are SO many Taylor fans on there, but one really stuck out to me. One from New York. I never really thought that it was possible to connect with someone online or someone miles away but it is so possible. She’s my best friend. I know that for sure. She’s beautiful, wise, adventurous, fearless, and has such a big heart. Even though I haven’t met her or seen her in person I’ve noticed her change and grow over the time I’ve known her. I’m so thankful for her, because she was there for me when others around me would shut me out. She listens and I know when we meet we’ll probably have a good cry and then hit the town. My point is that, it is so important to open your heart and let others into your life. Friendships can happen at the most random moments. It could happen today! Maybe buy a stranger a coffee or start up a random conversation. Those moments seem so far and gone but we can bring those moments back!
Spread love and be kind to others.
They may need you at that moment in their life.
It may make their day or even save their life. It saved mine.
It’s really easy to get wrapped up in our issues. To think of all the bad that’s happened to us throughout our lives and have them consume our minds. It doesn’t have to be that way. When we feel upset or depressed we often isolate ourselves and don’t allow others in. That is so damaging. There’s so many people who love you and want to be apart of your life… I am one of them. I may not know you personally or your story but I assure you that you have a purpose and a light that needs to be here.
As I’ve said before I want this place to be safe for you. A place you know you will be encouraged, shown love, and kindness. Not just through me, but through our peers and visitors of this page. I have an ongoing project that I want you included in. If you have any special quotes or sayings that help you through the day pleases comment them here, on my facebook page, or my instagram. Lets encourage each other and show each other that we can open our hearts. We can get through this, together.
Thank you for the ongoing support, it means so much and I appreciate it more than you know ❤
For some the start of a new year or birth year can be a new beginning. A feeling of a fresh start and an opportunity to change or create goals. That moment doesn’t only have to be once or twice a year. You can start changing your life at anytime! So why not today… Monday April 24th could be the day you say hell thats enough… it’s time for me. That moment of realization that you can do things you love, be happy, and enjoy life can take more time than you think. For me it took years and there are still days where those feelings seem so far away and that’s okay. It’s okay to have bad days… just remember that there is good to come even if that good is lost. You can find it! There’s so much good in this world and you don’t have to go far to reach it.
I want to thank all who have liked my facebook page or instagram for loveyoursCA. I appreciate the love and support so much, it means more than you’ll know. I want to include you all in this blog, my instagram, and facebook. You matter and so do your stories. I am always here for if you need someone and I hope these platforms will be a safe place for you.
I am going to be painting these coming days and would love to know what your favourite lyrics or quotes are. Ones that help you through the day and that you replay in your mind. Please comment here, my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/loveyoursCA/ or my instagram: @loveyoursCA You can always send me a message if you would like to be anonymous! If I end up using the quote you sent I will feature your name or handle on the back on the artwork. Only with your consent. I look forward to hearing from you and knowing what quotes motivate you.
I am so excited to share that I am starting to sell my art. I had this idea a few months ago and started painting more planning a goal of selling some in the fall at craft fairs with my grandma. Things have sped up for me as I have the opportunity to do a craft fair in July. I recently made an etsy account, first just for my Taylor fan account as this started by writing out Taylor’s lyrics or quotes. It’s turned into more than that as I’m expanding to different quotes or lyrics that have inspired me. I’ve found such a peace in painting that I’ve collected quite a few and I’m excited to share these uplifting messages with you 💗
I will post more in here, about loveyoursCA and about loving yourself. I’m excited for this journey and hope you’ll tag along ✌🏻
PS: below are links to my instagram, Facebook && etsy ❤️
My daughter is one!! I never knew how fast a year could go by. It’s surreal. This past year has truly been a gift and I’ve learned so much throughout her first year of life. I’m so proud of her everyday and of myself for being her mama ❤ below I am going to write the twelve things I have learned from being a mom, even if you aren’t a parent I’m sure you could relate some of these to your life.
1. Time goes by way faster than you think.
- I know that times go by fast, but you have a baby I feel it goes even faster. All I did was blink and she smiled, laughed, crawled, talked. It’s truly surreal.. now she’s one and I’m wondering how!? Wasn’t she my little 5 pound baby just yesterday?
2. Nothing goes as planned.
- I learnt this as I went through labour. You can plan as much as you want, but not everything will happen how you want it to. Things will happen that you don’t expect at all. It’s important to be open to change and to be flexible. This way it won’t bother you if something doesn’t work out!
3. Simple moments are the best.
- Seeing her smile or waking you to laughter are the best moments. Hearing her first words, crawling, smiling, the milestones. Those are the moments that are the most special ❤️
4. Love at first sight, does exsist.
- The moment you see your baby everything falls into place. It’s so surreal having this little being look up at you with such curiousity. I never really believed in love at first sight, maybe a connection sure, but when you see your baby. You instantly fall in love. A love deeper than anything you could explain.
5. Your body changes and that’s okay.
- A body is just a body. A body changes as life goes on and that is truly a beautiful thing. I’m so proud of what my body has done for my daughter. It’s truly amazing what a woman’s body can do.
6. You’ll feel lonely but you’ll feel whole.
- You may lose some friends. You may not see people as often as you’d hope and it’s really hard. But your little one makes that all better. They fill your heart in a way you never knew was possible before.
7. Even when you’ve had enough and the crying is too much, they probably just want cuddles ❤
- Giving lots of cuddles, hugs, kisses is so important. Even when you feel drained or frustrated at the end of the day. My daughter has so much comfort from being close and I know she won’t enjoy cuddles forever so I’ll take them when I can.
8. They’ll be a million opinions thrown at you, but you know your baby best.
- I’ve learned I know more than I ever thought. I am stronger than I ever believed. I know my daughter best and I know what she needs. I love that connection with her. It’s incredible.
9. Putting yourself first is so important.
- There’s a different than being selfish and putting yourself first. In order for your baby to be healthy or happy you have to be that for yourself. You’re baby notices everything you do so show her self love. She’ll end up loving herself just as you love yourself.
10. You’ll be tested.
- They’ll be sleepless nights. Lots. LOTS of crying. You’ll feel like ripping your hair out, but that’s okay. Those moments don’t last forever and will pass faster then you think. Being calm and loving helps immensely as your babes knows if you’re frustrated.
11. You don’t ever nap when baby naps.
- This still to this day is the funniest thing I have ever heard. I’ve maybe napped a total of five times when she has napped and usually when I try. She’ll wake up. When she naps my mind races of what to do with myself and sometimes I honestly miss her..
12. You are WAY stronger than you think.
- To this day I am still so proud of how I handed giving birth and being a mom. I felt like such a bad ass strong woman giving birth to her. I love how I pushed through the pain and listened to my doctor. (I still don’t know why people say you’ll forget the pain because oh I remember) but it was all so worth it. I wouldn’t change anything ✨
Alison, you are such a gift to me. You bring a joy and happiness to my life that I never thought could exist. You make my life better and I learn from you everyday. To love more, to be open, curious and to see the good in life. I love you so much darling. More than you’ll ever know. 💗