I AM TWENTY FIVE!! When i was a teenager, I thought at twenty five I would have it all. A big house, a fancy car, a fit body, a husband, kids, a successful job, and tons of money. AND if I had all that I would finally be happy with myself, with my body, and with my life. Years leading up to twenty five I started to realize that this was an unrealistic goal and that I didn’t need ALL these things to feel accomplished or successful in my life. Thing is, I don’t really have anything that I envisioned having at Twenty five and that’s okay… because I have SO much more than I ever imagined I would have. I’m lucky to have my life, to have the wonderful people in that life, and the knowledge I’ve gained throughout my life. I’m ONLY twenty five and I have so much time still to figure out what I want and where I want to go. Teenage Michelle, it’s okay if you don’t have that ‘fancy ideal american dream life’ because your life right now is so much better than all of that.
Here’s 25 things I’ve learned in my twenty five years on this earth…
- People come and go, the ones who matter make time for you and will stay or come back to you.
- Snap-chat filters are cute and all, but you’re cute without them, too.
- It’s okay to take time for yourself. Whatever time you need to heal or feel better – take it.
- It’s okay to say you are beautiful, because you are.
- You are allowed to change your mind, your direction, and who you are. Change is good.
- What doesn’t trigger you, may trigger someone else. THAT IS OKAY. We are all different and feel different things.
- It’s better to have a big heart rather than a big ego.
- Just because someone says something about you doesn’t mean that it is true or valid.
- All bodies are good bodies. Skinny isn’t the only kind of beauty on this earth. All bodies are beautiful and should be appreciated.
- We aren’t easily triggered, we’re fighting for changing and learning as we go.
- It’s okay to admit when you are wrong.
- It’s okay to learn new things and challenge the norm.
- It’s also okay to struggle and have bad days.
- Being normal is overacted.
- Instagram is a trap. We’ve become more worried about likes and followers ONLINE than the ones who are truly around us everyday.
- When you step out of your comfort zone amazing things can happen.
- Say sorry, move on, and never hold grudges. It doesn’t hurt them. It hurts you.
- Those ‘trolls’ on the internet are only a small amount of people.
- Sometimes just doing something good and bringing good into this world is enough.
- The earth needs us more than we need it. We need to care and we need to change. For our earth.
- I don’t need status, money, fame, success, or luxuries to feel happy or whole in my life.
- Hold onto the natural beauty you have, you don’t need to change a thing.
- Life isn’t a race or a competition to see who is doing the best.
- My type of medication is: creativity, writing, nature, meditation, and music. && That’s okay.
- It’s okay if you don’t have everything figured out by 25. You’ve got time.
I hope this brings you hope that we don’t need everything figured out by a certain age or time. Life is a progress that we all go through at our own pace. You aren’t behind. You’re doing amazing lovely, believe in this life of yours.
You have purpose, right here. RIGHT now.